[Wolves] Re: telewest broadband breaking contract

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 11:44:59 BST 2005

roundyz wrote:

>>I think I've read in the last
>>couple of days that Telewest sold their service as 'uncapped' and have
>>subsequently capped it so they may well have broken their implied contract."
>>

>What date do you know that the capping started from?

I don't sorry. It's half-remembered news stories while I've been
researching whether to use NTL cable or ADSL in a Nottingham street full
of student houses where NTL is cheapest.

> I read on broadband forums that they was
>thinking of it, after a merger with NTL. this is all speculation of course.
>They also are trialing 10mg broadband but with caps what would be the point?

Yes, it may have only been a prediction. The public have caught on that
big MB/s numbers are A Good Thing and the ISPs have realised that they
can give big numbers for next to  nothing.

>Does the modem they give you free (usb) does it work with linux? does it have
>a ethernet port on it also? or do you use your own?

Did you see my post on the other thread about a hardware solution to
sharing a USB modem?

Woo