[Wolves] Re: telewest broadband breaking contract

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:44:48 BST 2005

On 17/07/05, roundyz <roundyz at hotpop.com> wrote:

> >"If you are in the mood for a legal battle I think I've read in the last
> >couple of days that Telewest sold their service as 'uncapped' and have
> >subsequently capped it so they may well have broken their implied contract."
>
> Interesting, I used to thrape my broadband connection, usenet all the way. But
> my habbits have changed now and capping wouldn't bother me. What date do you
> know that the capping started from? I read on broadband forums that they was
> thinking of it, after a merger with NTL. this is all speculation of course.
> They also are trialing 10mg broadband but with caps what would be the point?
>
> >Pretty much the reason I left Firenet and went to Plus Net. Plus Net
> >have also now dropped their fair usage policy as well as absorbing the
> >connection charge and giving - so far - a damned good service :-):-)
>
> Does the modem they give you free (usb) does it work with linux? does it have
> a ethernet port on it also? or do you use your own?
>
> thanks again for the help.
> --

Well I opted for a USB modem.  They actually sent me the BT Voyager
205 which is a modem/router.  There are two outlets on this model one
USB and one ethernet.  I haven't managed to get the USB outlet working
with Linux but to be honest I haven't really tried too hard.  I
preferred to set up my Win tin with the USB port and my Linux tin with
the ethernet.  A few days after marvelling at my speed increase - I
went from 56k dial up to 2mb ADSL - I set both PC's up with ethernet
after swapping the BT Voyager with my D-Link 504 II.  I could have set
up a switch from the ethernet port on the Voyager but couldn't be
bothered to mess about :-)

If you want anymore details on Plus Net let me know off list - not
really fair to everybody else to do it on list.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street