[Wolves] Ubuntu sound and internet probs (belkin users and rest)

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 20:07:25 BST 2005

Hello,

My recent post was to do with the belkin router.  It
was solved by restarting all the way back to factory
settings.  But i know it pack-up again tommorow.

Now Internet and sound works with Vector linux and XP.
 But not in Ubuntu.  Thats such a shame as it was such
a good distro.  This has happened before but it was
not my main distro, i did'nt give it much thought.
After searching on the web and the ubuntu forums the
sound problem seems to be big problem.  So i am making
a start to get this fixed.  The ubuntu recovery gives
a text console only.
Any help here with sound and internet will be great.

Sound Card; Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R)
Internet; Broadband through ethernet belkin internet

Cheers

Bobby