[Wolves] LUG Wiki under attack again

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Tue Jul 19 07:01:53 BST 2005

Andy Wootton wrote :
> They seem to have found a way through our new defences. I wonder if that
> is a real address they've left behind? O:-)
>
> Woo

Hi,

I find it annoying enough when people manage to leave spam on my blog.
(http://codepoets.co.uk/david/blog/). I don't think it's a process that
can be automated - i.e. someone has to paste text in the box, read a
jpeg and insert that number into the form.

Do spammer's earn a lot of money? Are there teams of Chinese/Indian/3rd
world computer users hunched infront of computers, typing in stuff to
annoy us?

David.

*Yes, I know I was a wiki advocate who hasn't done anything with it
lately, but I can't use it from home, and I seem to be busy at work*

--
David Goodwin
w: http://www.clocksoft.co.uk
e: david.goodwin at clocksoft.com