[Wolves] LUG Wiki under attack again

Dick Turpin highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:48:25 BST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 07:01, David Goodwin wrote:

> Do spammer's earn a lot of money? Are there teams of Chinese/Indian/3rd
> world computer users hunched infront of computers, typing in stuff to
> annoy us?

If they fall into my definition of spammers, yes. This is the defining point,
I've not seen this spam I don't do wiki's but if its just click links then
yes.

They get paid per click generally the end destination has nothing to do with
the mail per say, they will agree to pay a fee to a marketing company who
will employ a lump of lard laid on a bed with a keyboard 200 sim cards and a
plethora of yahoo, freeserve, gmail etc etc accounts.

He will right the mail with the click links embedded if you click on the link
two things happen you go to the site ww.big-mommer-does-it-best.com and his
site/database gets a record of your click he presents his tally of clickers
and gets anything from 5p upto anything per click.

Thats why they have to send such vast volumes to get the rewards, they don't
care if you don't buy the product or service at the end of the hyperlink as
they only get paid if the link is clicked.

Here endeth the lesson god bless you punters one and all ;-)

--
Regards
Dick Turpin
highwayman.turpin at gmail.com