[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 22:39:38 BST 2005

--- Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
> Thank you for your help on this. If I can chnage
> them
> over to Linux they will be very happy as they are
> fed
> up with M$ stuff.

Hi Folk

I need some help with this.

I have installed SuSE 9.2 ok but I can't get the modem
or the printer to work.

My friends have a SAGEM F at st 800E2T modem on
broadband, and Canon PIXMA iP1500 printer.

I can't get the modem to connect. YAST is not
detecting it. I tried the DSL option from YAST but it
seems that it does not want to talk to it. Any
suggestions?

The printer listed by YAST correctly, ie as iP1500 but
it does not work. I did a bit of googling and found
that it is not "supported", however I did find a post
from someone who it seems has built an rpm for it, do
I just install the rpm and hope for the best?

Many thanks

Mo