[Wolves] Totally anonymous email

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:37:09 BST 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 19:55, Baza wrote:

> That assumption is very dodgy.

Why? Oh I see hiding you're identity is a good thing, smack my wrist.

I'm sure all those pervs prowling chat rooms hiding their identity to groom
kids is a good thing then?

In my book you have to draw a line I do not accept that hiding you're/my
identity is OK, good or whatever. In my view the few must suffer for the many
so that stuff like the above paragraph cannot happen.

The web is a community based on trust every day proves that trust broken two
classic examples are viruses and the Wolves wiki I'm sure it trusts people to
use it sensably but no, some tit thinks its OK to wreck this baby can we find
out who did it and maybe bring him to justice for his actions probably not if
he is able to hide his Identity.

> If hiding things implies some form of illegality, why do people use pgp and
> other encryption?

Um for security?

pgp is not used for hiding you're identity in fact one of its purposes is 'to
identify/prove who you are' with the added bonus of protecting your
communication from prying eyes.

They're not the same at all the thread is about hiding and or making it
impossible to find you.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon