[Wolves] plusnet adsl connection problem?

Kevin Adams kev at magicmoon.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 11:22:13 BST 2005

Hi All

I know there are plenty of plusnet connected users on the list so I'm
curious if anyone with a plusnet ADSL (particularly home worker)
account has been having problems connecting since yesterday evening?

This is a typical experience for me & must be the third big outage this
year - kind of makes a nonesense of the claimed over 99% uptime!  The
problem began yesterday evening so I finished work early (which isn't
so bad ;-)  Not being able to work properly again this morning is a
massive inconvenience (I'm on dial up now with the extra slap in the
face of paying dial up costs!)

I find it doubly offensive that whenever I view the plusnet forums
during these outages I'm informed at how few users will be affected by
the problem & that I should be able to "connect again within 15
minutes"!   This can continue for several hours!

Of course there may be problems at the exchange which is why I'm keen
to hear from other plusnet subcribers - if you're connected?

Following on from this I've noticed that there are also at least two
subscribers to the list who work for ISP's.  Could you let me know if
you have a genuine ADSL uptime that is better than the one I seem to be
getting from plusnet please.  It really is time I moved my account.

cheers
kev