[Wolves] OT: IT career advice

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 12:32:52 BST 2005

<snip>

>Ideally I would like to be involved in open source IT work, but this
>may be difficult/impossible from a standing start.  I rather get the
>impression that it is hard to get away from Microsoft, whatever befall.

Try looking at http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/Main_Page.
Schoolforge is very active and is made up of business, teachers and
other people in education who are all aiming to get open source
technology into schools.  I went to the recent FLOSSIE conference that
they organised and as well as being interesting, everyone was really
friendly.  I recommend getting involved.

HTH

Kat