[Wolves] PHP/MySQL help please

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon Jul 25 21:00:08 BST 2005

> The book I have gave a walkthrough on creating a mysql_connect.inc file, if I
> run this in my browser nothing happens, no errors or anything the browser
> says done but the display is blank there should be a login screen to the
> Accounts database.

Calling .php scripts .inc is normally a bad idea, as the web server
won't (by default) realise they should be passed through teh php
interpreter before sending stuff to the end user. Therefore if you ever
embed a password or username in there, there is nothing stopping someone
viewing those details (if they can guess the file name). A better option
is to call it something.php, as it will then pass through the php
interpreter, and will appear to the end user as a blank page.

Blah

--
David Goodwin
w: http://www.clocksoft.co.uk