[Wolves] NTL as an ISP?

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 22:38:29 BST 2005

Hello,

OK i have writen bad writing;

NOTE: Opinons are based on people and experience not
technical.

TELEWEST
There are options to offer both ethernet and USB.  For
linux Ethernet is better and better for broadband
sharing/networking.

NTL
If you are in a NTL area you may sometimes have
broadband service alerts, annoying not fatal, may not
even notice it.
If you are not in a NTL area you will use NTL freedom.
 Broadband Service is ok although get download limits
(sometimes can seem slow).  Telephone service and
start-up are rubbish.  Basically they have to get
3rd-party like BT to start-up.  Now you know here you
will get messed around.  And NTL and BT will pass the
buck if there are problems.  You will be in a contract
they will not give much of a dam.

OTHER OPTIONS
If you have a BT line you can get Virgin, no 12 month
contract so if it is for your daughther when they move
out just dis-connect (give 1 month notice).  You will
need to get you own modem which they recommend usb.
However you use linux and can get a modem/router from
somewhere esle so thats cool.  However don't know
about telephone and broadband service BUT hay if you
don't like DISSCONNECT.

IF YOU WANT MORE INFO JUST REPLY

Cheers

Bob