[Wolves] Apple moving to Intel?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 23:07:48 BST 2005

>>If this is indeed true, it is a truly bizarre move.
>>
>>Whatever I may think of Apple's practices, the fact
>>remains that their
>>architecture is still superior to that of a PC.
>>Going with Intel just
>>doesn't make sense, unless they have agreed to make
>>Apple-friendly non-x86/IA64 chips.
>>
>>Dan

Don't Intel own or have manufacturing rights to Alpha and ARM from their
kissing and making up with Digital? There was a rumour at the time that
they had actually negotiated the deal to get hold of some technology
patents for bespoke chip manufacture rather than just to kill off the
competition.

Apple have already moved from Motorola to PowerPC architecture though.
They must have made the job easier next time by basing Darwin on BSD.

The burning question in my mind though is whether Ade will move to OS X
when it's available on 'non-proprietry Intel' hardware.

Woo