[Wolves] Bizarre network problem

Old Dan djones9960 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:59:21 BST 2005

On 6/8/05, Old Dan <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/8/05, David Morley <davmor2 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > just out of interest are you on cable?
>
> Nope, BT ADSL through an alcatel frogmodem (the green one, not the silver one).
>
> I'm beginning to think the IP of the server has been blacklisted by
> smoothwall for some reason.  I have no idea why it would suddenly do
> this, particularly as the server is connected to the green 'trusted'
> interface...
>
> I may end up reinstalling smoothwall just to be sure that's not it.

Well, I've solved it.

I did reinstall smoothie but this made no difference.  What I did do
though is stop dhcpd running on the server and made the bridge
three-way instead of having the smoothie on eth2.

This feels like a collossal kludge and prevents me from filtering
traffic through the server as easily and means the machines here are
protected by one level of firewall instead of two.  Meh.

Still, it works I guess.

--
Dan