[Wolves] re:nero

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:17:37 BST 2005

On 11/06/05, roundyz <roundyz at hotpop.com> wrote:
> when i used windows (in my previous life) I ranted about nero i thought it was
> the fuckin' nutts. And for windows it is. For linux though it's gotta be k3b.
> Only thing is its missing a cover designer. Well, I can't ask for my money
> back can I????
>
> RoundyZ out.

Oh definitely agreed there.  I live in a world that is dominated by
neither OS though.  As much as I would love to go completely Linux
there is the rest of the family to consider plus the fact that 99% of
the other people in my life only use MS Windows PC's.  Which means I
have to keep on top of it because I inevitably support it.  As times
goes by I am slowly turning people towards FOSS.  I'm hoping to get
funding in the next few months to do some PC educational work.  Not
teaching or even training as such.  More like showing people what
there PC is capable of and demystifying the whole computer arena.
Remember those far off days when you first sat at a computer?  You
probably thought it would blow up if you hit the wrong key.  Of course
you felt a right wally because of feeling that way but we (nearly) all
went through it.  Well, there are still many people who feel that way.
 I will hopefully get funding for a decent notebook PC and Light
Projector.  So, suggestions for a good, decent spec', notebook PC that
is Linux friendly would be appreciated from everybody :-)  I know I
can look at the Linux hardware compatibility sites (SuSE have their
own) but personal recommendation is always far better.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street