[Wolves] Solaris now open source

trog trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 17:04:51 BST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 21:08, Andy Wootton wrote:

> I think Sun have been treated quite badly by the Linux community. For a
> few years they were the only company that kept Unix alive while HP and
> IBM hedged with Wintel boxes.

HP/UX and AIX are both Unix and more "standard" than Solaris.  All three
pre-date Linux by many years with (AFAIK) AIX being the first cab off the
rank.  Pre-loved RS/6000s pop up regularly and it is not unknown for them to
find their way into the home.
--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)