[Wolves] complety recogonise CDRW/DVD

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 23:57:08 BST 2005

Bobby Singh wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am using mepis and have a SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352F.
>It mounts it has /dev/cdrom rather than a combi drive.
> How do i adjust or mount my /dev/cdrom to recongnise
>it has a combi. I have mp3s on a dvd, when i try eject
>it i get problems like 'can't recognise cdrom' or
>'busy'.
>
>Cheers
>
>Bob
>
>ps: i thought it was a kde problem as i had to eject
>as root.  I went to kde control centre to read as a
>cmbi but still reads as cdrom.

My DVD drive shows as a CD but it works fine.

I get an intermittent problem on unmount too. The only fix I've found so
far is to log out and in again. It's as though a file is left open on
the device when it shouldn't be. I learned about the 'list open files'
command recently e.g. "/usr/sbin/lsof +D /mnt/usb" but I haven't had
chance to try it.

Woo