[Wolves] Objects, process modelling architectures, UML and Agile methods

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 08:40:57 BST 2005

Andy Wootton wrote :
> Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? I certainly don't!
>
> I mentioned at the last couple of LUG meetings that I'm going to be
> doing some process mapping for 6 months. I've inheritted some process
> maps that look very like flow-charts so I think I'm going to move to UML
> Activity diagrams. Any comments on whether that is a good idea?

While we looked at UML at uni, I've only ever touched use cases and class diagrams.  I did
find the use case modelling we did for a particular project easy to do and use later.
We used TogetherJ which was sluggish but nice to use.  It wasn't open source though (free
for educational use), so no longer an option, even though I gather it is quite nice now.
(borland bought it or something...)

<snip>
I have no idea about tools.  I like dia, but haven't used it for anything serious, but I
also know people who think it should be spelled differently (i.e. dire)
> I'm locked in a room with Bill's 3 biggest fans. Please help! OK, I lied
> about the lock.

poor you!

Kat