[Wolves] Open source report writing software

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 16:02:15 BST 2005

Chris Ball wrote :
> Quoting Stuart Langridge <stuart.langridge at gmail.com>:

<snip>

> OpenOffice?
>
> I think that can do stuff with MySQL, I dunno about MS SQL though, I'd
> assume it
> just uses the usual Microsoft DB thing.

OpenOffice DB connectivity stuff is nowhere near the sort of functionality that your
average user would want.  I have played with it in OO1.X a fair bit and looked at 2.0 and
it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as flexible as I would want.  If anyone's interested,
I can write some more about why I think that when I'm not about to leave the office.

Incidently, if anyone finds anything, I'd be interested in checking it out...

Kat