[Wolves] python advice

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 18:29:48 BST 2005

On 6/26/05, Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm thinking of using python to rewrite the scanner app. I've looked at
> PIL and it seems ok... I've never use python before, but looking at the
> syntax it's not really going to be a problem. what do you guys think
> about python & PIL?

I like them, but I've never used PIL for any complex image
manipulation (loading an image in one format, writing some text onto
it, and saving it in another format is about my limit) and so I don't
know how well it'll meet your (presumably complex-ish) needs. Give it
a try; it won't take long to work out whether it's the tool for you, I
imagine ;)

Aq.