[Wolves] OT: 2 Live8 tickets possibly available - Hyde Park this Saturday 2nd July

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 11:35:17 BST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:04, sparkes wrote:

> This is a major problem with charity in this country.  They seem to want
> to make you feel sorry for someone and then part with cash.

Exactly! so I'm afraid my view is 'All's fair in love and war' you've
plastered my TV screen with malnourished kids deliberately at tea to make me
feel bad about eating my dinner so I will text the number and get my ticket
and sell it to my mate for whatever and in theory everyones happy.

> want to help kids with cancer?  of course you pissing well do but you!
> but that doesn't mean you want to put a few hard earned in a collection
> box held by a spotty teenager and granny on an asbo.

Its not so much the person its the in the face stuff I hate, last year I saw a
minibus pull up out side WH Smith in Walsall and out got 10 or 11 people in
wheelchairs they were all strategically placed outside shops with their
collection boxes, now this to me isn't charity collection this is organized
moral blackmailing "What you've got money to buy the Sun and 20 Bensons but
you cant spare 20p for me"?

It makes you feel guilty to go in the shop.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,