[Wolves] Broadband

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Wed Jun 29 17:12:47 BST 2005

> Peter Cannon wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >Everyone enjoying the Broadband roller coaster ride
> today?
> >
> >Up, Down, Up, Down,
> >
> >I think the string between the two bake bean tins
> got wet from the storms last
> >night?

> my connection was a little intermittent during the
> storm (I know I
> shouldn't be online during storms I lost enough isdn
> ta's to have
> learned my lesson) but no probs today.
>
> sparkes

I was flying back from dublin last night (I didn't
introduce their sysadmin to alternate uses for his
servers, I just got him to fix them far crueller
belive me :-)), we circled Birmingham for half an hour
and ended up in Luton. It was quite dramatic from the
air.

Came in this morning to no broadband, and all our
internal systems having been sent haywire by a
lightening strike. Took about 5 hours to get things
back to normal. Luckily the kettle was still working
or it cold have been a disaster (can you run a kettle
off a UPS?).

chris