[Wolves] Linux Display

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 23:25:49 GMT 2005

Kevanf1 wrote:

>>>before you have finished so

>>>Ooh, cruel ;-)
>>>
>>>Well done Mo.
>>>--
>>>Take care.
>>>Kevan Farmer
>>>
>> am glad someone is caring!!! :-)
>>
>>Mo
>>

>I try my best, Mo.  Though I'm sure Woo was only joking....weren't
>you????  ;-))))  of course.

Indeed. The joke was intended to be at the expense of indecisive
customers, not Mo. I'm usually at the receiving end of the "Oh we
changed our mind about that" (months ago but didn't bother to tell you)
transaction. I think it is a fine venture.

I wonder if the library will be able to give any feedback on the amount
of interest shown? I suspect more people will show a passing interest
than actually turn up at the next LUG meeting. Every little drip of
information that lands on them could be the one that suddenly makes them
realise that they are standing there in the Microsoft Emporer's soggy
wet old clothes. What about a 'visitors book' with a space for an email
address if they'd like to know more? Or would people get spammed?
Perhaps a pile of paper slips and a sealed shoe box with a slot in to
post them into would be better.

Woo