[Wolves] Linux Display

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:39:39 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 09:55, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> >I'm not defending Spamming!
>
> Sounds to me like you are.

Actually I'm attacking ill informed, jump on the band waggon Muppet's the
world over. If Linux has done anything for me its opened my eyes to the
depressing hoards of suck ups who learn a word e.g. Spam and then start
shouting the odds.

Generally all they've had is a Mothers day gift offer.

True spam is like one of our customers on Monday who came in to work to find
70,000 emails in his inbox, now thats spam.

Personally my definition of Spam is an email with no contact details just
click throughes if theres a telephone number or address details I don't think
its spam, annoying advertising, but not spam.

Cast your mind back to, was it, last year when DELL offered those servers for
£100.00 loads of people jumped at it but DELL are the worst
spammers/advertisers in the world I get 10 to 15 emails per day from them.

Your missing the point of what I'm saying its the word that I hate and
disagree with, if you so much as send an email asking "Can you tell me about
your company because I'd like to sell you something" then out comes that word
Spam, spam, spam.

> How many mails did you send out? What percentage of the mail receivers
> bought a laptop?

OK, I used to be a Spammer!

I used harvesters and goodness knows what and emailed every man and his dog
even home users.

For the last two years we have been good boys (as much as possible) we have a
Members Email list that stands at 11,387 members this is made up of customers
and prospects.

I have a telephone sales team who ring people do the usual sales pitch then
ask for, amongst other things, their email address with the line I would like
to send you some info if they give the address then the door is open so we
add them to the list if they then send an unsubscribe we delete them.

We sold 87 Laptops plus other solutions you need to remember our list is
national, we get the odd smart alec of "Its cheaper on ebay" which amazes me
as they have spent good money to phone us up to basically say we are not
going to buy this! people never cease to amaze me.

> >Simple solution you don't want junk mail? don't advertise your address!
>
> Don't want your house burgled? Brick up your front door!

Nope, burn all the chavs :-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.