[Wolves] Just Bragging

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:44:43 GMT 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:37:01 +0000, Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:16:50 +0000 (GMT), chris procter
> <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
> > *My first encounter with unix was a quad DEC alpha
> > machine, but I think this is one better
> >

> One of my old customers got rid of their old DEC alpha that used to
> run their SAP ERP system. A contractor took it home in the back of his
> car and now runs redhat on it. His wife uses it to dry clothes.

I got a DEC from someone on the list (albeit a little old). A while
back, was never able to use it due to the distinct lack of keyborad
mouse monitor that would work with it.
Was considering running it headless, but installing the os would be
problematic with that. :(

oh, well..

Thoghu i have built and used some quad 1.6ghz opteron systems
recently, 2Gb ram and 512Gb HDD space. Used them as workstations.
Though they put on windowsxp and fell over every ten minutes (i didnt
get to choose the hardware)

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,