[Wolves] Linux Newbie Magazine

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:13:01 GMT 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:49:30 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 16:27, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Yes.  That's what I did.  It starts to download straight onto the PC.
> > But it doesn't download it all as a PDF it started as an open download
> > (streamed).  I've tried it a few times I cannot get just the PDF.
> > Yes, I right clicked as it stated.  All that gives me is the option to
> > save the link.  I've e-mailed them about it.  I'll wait and see.
>
> Strange? thats what I did. Downloaded it, its 14MB although I tried emailing
> it to my (Windows box) but the email seems to have got lost down a black hole
> so I used samba to get it across the network here at work.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Peter Cannon.
> peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
> Fedora Core 3 & Suse Pro 9.2
>
> "There is every excuse for not knowing
> there is no excuse for not asking"

At least it's not just me having this problem.  Have you looked on the
forum?  Loads of people having problems because they are on dial up.
That link looks as though it should be exactly that, a link that will
download a file.  But it's opening straight away which is not what
people want.  Well, not what I want or a lot of the others.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street