[Wolves] mysql questions

david david at codepoets.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 10:27:45 GMT 2005

baza wrote:
> OK, I've got mysql installed on my Ubuntu box, but I keep getting this
> error
>
> baza at barbelith:/etc/mysql$ sh debian-start
> Checking for crashed MySQL tables in the background.
> baza at barbelith:/etc/mysql$ /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at
> 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user: 'baza at localhost' (Using password: YES)'
>
> Any advice would be -very- welcome.

Hi,

I know very little about mysql (postgresql is far better :) ) however
your problem may lie with the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file, which contains the
username and password to connect to.

Alternatively, "man mysqladmin" should tell you how to specify a
username mysql understands (at a guess "root" may be an initial user)

David.