[Wolves] Remote Assistance

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 13:08:30 GMT 2005

Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Tim Humpherson wrote:
>
>> Wow, such a lovely response.  Heavy for me to read through such as
>> TightVPN, etc..  But I'll learn.
>

> (tightVNC, not VPN).
>
> VNC is great. We use it for all the machines at work.
>
> Aq.

But as discussed recently there are many good reports by ex-VNC users on
the blindingly fast NoMachine NX (free client, paid for server - open
CLI interface, closed protocol) which has been implemented in free
software as FreeNX server and kNX client. kNX is apparently on the
latest Knoppix live CD. It also supports Windows terminal services so
allows you to connect to the 3 or 4 free licences Microsoft generously
throws in with every recent Windows Server licence. Did I really just
say that?

Woo