[Wolves] web graphics question

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:53:09 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:50:46 +0000 (GMT), Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folk
>
> I am sorry I didn't keep up with the thread, I was
> away from my beloved computer.
>
> I agree that people should know that IE is not such a
> good browser etc. But how do you explain this to a 75
> year old who is just getting to grips with his or her
> computer and will not understand, nor is expected to
> understand, what a broken Alpha channelis? Also, they
> are unlikley to know how to install another browser.
> The majority of the website visitors are not pc savvy.
>
> These are the sort of pc users that M$ exploits. I get
> hot up about it for this reason. I shall have to think
> about who to deal with it now that I have more
> information about the issue.
>
> Mo

I whole heartedly agree with you, Mo.  I know of a few people who are
pensioners and know nothing but Micro$oft.  It is difficult and the
only way of helping them is to actually go along and install decent
software for them; or take along a live CD :-)  The trouble is these
are the people who expect a PC to be the same as television set.  But
they are not & I doubt that they ever will be either.  All you can do
is offer your help if you have the time.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street