[Wolves] GIMP guru's?

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 11:51:17 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 Mar 2005 11:16, Chris Ball wrote:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
> > Anybody good with The GIMP here?  Before I trawl through the GIMP
> > homepage I'm just after what I hope is a quick and simple image
> > enhancement.  I have a picture that I just want to have fade out at
> > the edges.  About a centimetre from the edge inwards.  It's just to
> > take away the stark outer edge of the picture and slowly blend it into
> > the paper it is to be printed on.  Any ideas?
>
> Script-Fu > Selection > Fade Outline
>
> This should do that for you, hopefully.

I don't have that menu option on mine (2.2.4 Fedora RPM). Here's an alternate
"manual" technique:

 - Select eraser tool, 100% opacity
 - Select white as background colour
 - Select circle fuzzy as the brush, size as appropriate to your needs
 - Click at or fractionally outside one of the corners
 - Hold down shift and click in an adjacent corner. The image should now be
faded along that edge
 - Repeat for other edges

You may needs to experiment with different brushes and distances outside the
corner to get it "just right".

Regards,

James