[Wolves] Mono & DotGNU Portable.Net

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 00:47:56 GMT 2005

Mono decided to try to play nicely with Microsoft because they thought
Bill was only a bully because the other kids were mean to him. DotGNU
didn't mind talking to him but they weren't going to use his bat and
ball in case he lost his temper and took them home half way through
their game.

I don't get it. When Microsoft gave up trying to change the rules with
their DRM proposals why didn't the projects merge their efforts? Was it
because of a few harsh words they said about each other in the early
days or are there fundamental differences between the two projects?

I need to learn to program in C# over the weekend so any advice will be
welcome. I'm leaning towards Mono because it seems more complete but
clearly DotGNU has the moral high  ground,

Woo