[Wolves] Canon printers and Linux

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 14:43:19 GMT 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 11:56, Jayne Heger wrote:

> We may have been even further ahead in computing than we are now, I
> think the trouble with a monopoly is you are reliant on it and it
> alone for ideas, new innovations, and in Computing that is very, very
> bad.
> But yes, that is a very good debate!

I've just looked up the definition of 'Debate' in my Collins dictionary;
"A debate is an exchange of opposing views by two or more individuals"

I've watched this thread for the last couple of days, I've not seen any
defence of Microsoft or good old Bill just the usual drumhead court.

Just wondering by what definition this is classed as a debate?

I for one would have been happier if this thread had highlighted printers that
'worked' under Linux rather than descending, as usual, into the "Its all evil
Bills fault that my printer wont work under an OS that is only 14 years old
and is completely different to the system that my printer was made for"

Try sticking diesel in your unleaded car then complaing to Ford or Rover that
their car is crap because it wont run on what you want rather that what it
was built for!

"That should warm things up a bit" :D

--
Regards