[Wolves] Gentoo

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Wed Mar 23 08:25:04 GMT 2005

> To get the best possible performance, make sure you get your CFLAGS
> right.  On my athlon-xp I use CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe" (the
> -mcpu flag will not give the best possible optimisation for your system).

Have you experienced any instability from using e.g. -O3 compiler flags?
I was under the impression that as you make the compiler more agressive
in optimisation it may result in instability (e.g. the compiler removes
code which is actually needed thinking it's excessive)

I may of course be wrong.

David.
--
David Goodwin