[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 10:13:51 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:33:22 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 22:03, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Well chaps... SuSE have a 6 month turn around.  Yes it is actually 6
> > months since 9.2 was released - or it will be when 9.3 is released.
>
> Not if it comes out in April it wont! plus I've seen the 9.3 folders on FTP
> sites for some time now.

Didn't 9.2 come out last November?  Sorry if I have this wrong but I'm
sure it did.

> > Nothing has changed there, that's how it has been for quite some
> > time....apparently.  But, it is rather M$ like in practise.  As for
> > things not working in 9.2.  I hover between 9.1 and 9.2  9.2 is on one
> > disc while 9.1 is on another and it all depends what mood I'm in.  I
> > have to say that I still tend to prefer 9.1  For no other reason than
> > at least the documentation has all installed which it didn't in 9.2
> > The big question, shall I get and install 9.3?????  Perhaps and only
> > then if I win it ;-)))
>
> I doubt if I will! We had a strange email addressed to 'The Cannon family' I
> suppose some ignorant Ponce must have whined about unfair advantages just
> because I won three stereo systems :D

That's a bit rich.  They stated that it would be ok to register them
so they shouldn't send snotty e-mails.  I'll ask my mate whether he's
had anything like that.  He registered his wife and two kids aswell.
It might be due to the same address?  But if that were so what about
all the people who register who work for the same company who are not
related.

> > I don't like this feeling that I'm getting that I ought and should
> > upgrade just because there is a new versioneither out or coming out.
> > I'm trying to get away from M$ to avoid that.
>
> Hey hats off to you if you need to be a Linux purist but as someone said to me
> you use whats best to get the job done.

Well, I would actually love to be a Linux purist but until the
hardware manufacturers all decide to give equal support to Linux as
they do to M$ then I have to run Window$ for some things.

> At the end of the day thats whats important its not how you got there its the
> getting there thats important.

Hmmm, yes and no.  It's important to me because I really don't want to
be part of Billy boys pocket lining army.

> How many of us run dual boot machines? its not a sin or a crime to be honest
> I'm thinking of ditching the hard drive setup I have and running Linux purely
> under VMware, thats only because I have the Windows version if I had the
> Linux version it would be the other way round.
>
> The beauty is of course I can run both together so I just flip from one to the
> other to meet my needs rather than a reboot.

I run separate PC's rather than dual booting.  The new PC will not run
Linux because the IDE channels get swapped round all over the place -
I will sort out 'IDE reverse' one day..... other than that my drives
are in removeable caddys.  It works for me :-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street