[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 11:04:57 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 10:13, Kevanf1 wrote:

> That's a bit rich.  They stated that it would be ok to register them
> so they shouldn't send snotty e-mails.  I'll ask my mate whether he's
> had anything like that.  He registered his wife and two kids aswell.
> It might be due to the same address?  But if that were so what about
> all the people who register who work for the same company who are not
> related.

Actually the mail was addressed to Hannah in respect of some outstanding
prizes, the subject line read "To the Cannon family" which to any fool means
"Hey you're all related, I know your all related so I'm not gonna send
individual mails"
As we have had three weeks now with a draw per week and I get in effect four
chances I find it a bit strange we haven't won so much as a keyring
considering there can only be about 25 members.

> I run separate PC's rather than dual booting.  The new PC will not run
> Linux because the IDE channels get swapped round all over the place -
> I will sort out 'IDE reverse' one day..... other than that my drives
> are in removeable caddys.  It works for me :-)

Yeah Tim uses removable caddies as well, and the solution gets the job done,
its the getting there thats important (Where have I heard that before :D )

Two workstations may not be ideal for some people as the may not have the
space.

Swapable hard drives are OK but you still cant run both at the same time which
means shutting down, unlocking the drive, swapping it, locking it again then
starting up.

I need to run both at the same time so VMware is the answer to my problem.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk