[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sat Mar 26 14:56:35 GMT 2005

On 26 Mar 2005, at 14:29, Jayne Heger wrote:

>> Wow so its not just me then? I got hold of a copy that was supposedly
>> specifically for Suse, it installed fine but refused to run! That was
>> the one
>> of the reasons for choosing the Windows version.
>
> You've made me do it! you've made me realise how much I miss my
> VMware, I'm now looking at the VMWare website almost about to order
> VMware Workstation 4.5.
> But the Linux version.

try qemu first (which can be feckin' fast on x86 hardware) and bochs
(which is incrediblly like a PC and I use when I am playing with OS
dev) before you part with the reddies for vmware.

Bochs is the most vmware like but qemu can also pretend to be a PPC,
Sparc or ARM system as well so if you are interested in something other
than a virtual intel it's lots of fun.

sparkes