[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 17:49:46 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 14:29, Jayne Heger wrote:

> I'm going a step better than that, I'm about to order 4.5 and
> apparently if you do that you can automatically upgrade to Version 5
> once its out properly.

I'm hoping I qualify for this as well if not I might send a begging email to
them, I bought mine just before Christmas, I think, so fingers crossed as I
cant afford another £90 odd.

> I know how much I love VMware, so don't need to test it, so I'm buying
> it which is something I should have done a while back as not having
> VMware has been a pain, there''s been times when I've had to do SQL
> Server and Visual Basic work So I've had to reboot just for that!
> and pretty soon I'm having a special 'broadband' link put in to work,
> so I'll be needing it more than ever.

I had a play with MS virtual PC but it was crap, like you I'm very impressed
with it I like the fact you can have pretend scsi drives as well and you can
access the Windows via /mnt/hfgs the only thing I need to learn is how to
make the window smaller, petty requirement but if I use 1024x768 I have to
keep doing ctrl alt so that I can scroll the display.

I can use 800x600 but then everything looks jammed in, ideally I'd like the
window to be 800x600 size but the display set at 1024x768

I've sneaking suspicion V5 addresses this I'm sure I saw something in the
read-me about it but I only had a couple of hours to play with it on Friday
and the only thing I could load was Mandrake 10.

> Yeah, I'm having a look at the FAQ now

When I get back to my office on Tuesday I'll look at the FAQ again trouble is
if it works really well I might end up just running Suse within VM as I'm a
lazy so and so.

Actually I'd like to keep the dual boot I just get fed up of rebooting.

> > I'm not bothered which machine is the host and what is the guest so long
> > as I can run both at the same time I don't care --the end justifies the
> > means. :-)
>
> Exactly! thats what its there for :-)

Whoa careful, agreeing with me can seriously damage your popularity :D

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk