[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sat Mar 26 18:38:43 GMT 2005

On 26 Mar 2005, at 17:56, Peter Cannon wrote:

> On Saturday 26 March 2005 14:56, Steve Parkes wrote:
>
>> ry qemu first (which can be feckin' fast on x86 hardware) and bochs
>> (which is incrediblly like a PC and I use when I am playing with OS
>> dev) before you part with the reddies for vmware.
>>
>> Bochs is the most vmware like but qemu can also pretend to be a PPC,
>> Sparc or ARM system as well so if you are interested in something
>> other
>> than a virtual intel it's lots of fun.
>
> Sparkes! my main man!

hey dude

> qemu, Whats that then?

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ for qemu, and
http://bochs.sourceforge.net/ for bochs.  They can both do full pc
virtualisation like vmware.  qemu also does other processors (in
various incomplete states, the G3 ppc is the one I am waiting for cos I
want to write an OS for hardware I have that isn't intel or currently
running something important.) but bochs is very much like vmware if you
already know that product.

> Tell me more, I take it its for Linux? don't tell me its a source file
> I hate
> them give me an rpm everytime :D

I am pretty sure that rpm's exist for both projects you lazy bugger ;-)

sparkes