[Wolves] Linux on an old PC

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:17:15 BST 2005

Has anybody succesfully run SuSe 9.2 on an old PC?  It's not for me
but somebody asked me  if it were possible?  They have tried using a
PC running 196mb of RAM together with a 166 Pentium MMX chip.  The PC
hangs so far into the install and goes no further.  I'm pretty sure
9.2 ought to run on a 166 but maybe not.  Or could it be something
else preventing it?  I've got an old PC with a 166 MMX myself and had
thought of running SuSE on this.  Perhaps it's not a good idea?  This
chap has run other distros succesfully on this particular PC by the
way so it's not the Machinery that's actually broken....perhaps not
quite up to the job.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer