[Wolves] FC3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue May 3 09:53:56 BST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 15:11, David Goodwin wrote:

> > Fedora Core 3 and
> >
> > Fedora Core3-up.
> >
> > What is the UP version?
>
> UP probably is UniProcessor
>
> Perhaps it's installed an SMP kernel (which can/might/used to break some
> stuff as it supports multiple CPUs, hence the option to revert back to a
> kernel which only supports one processor)

The Linux kernel compiled for SMP machines.
This package includes a SMP version of the Linux kernel. It is
required only on machines with two or more CPUs as well as machines with
hyperthreading technology.

Install the kernel-smp package if your machine uses two or more CPUs.

Kernel-smp#2.6.11-1.14_FC3

I'm a little surprised as this is a 'choice' installation the standard being
the default k
Kernel (i.e. no smp extension), it wont cause you any grief just edit Grub or
Lilo and take out the entry relating to smp.

Welcome to the true faith of Red Hat ;-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk