[Wolves] Heatsink compound

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:07:12 BST 2005

On 5/4/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:

> On 4 May 2005, at 14:35, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know what the chemical composition of heatsink compound
> > is?  On another forum somebody reckons it is zinc oxide cream/paste.
> > If that's so then somebody is making obscene profits from it as it
> > very cheap normally.  Somehow I can't see it being that simple....can
> > it?
>
> I thought it as silver or copper oxide, but the white stuff is more
> likely to be zinc than silver cos silver is black isn't it?
> > --

Well according to the Googled article heatsink compound at its
simplest is merely zinc oxide paste/cream.  So, why is it so
expensive?  The next time you are in Boots or Superdrug take a look at
the baby care section (no joke) you'll find dirty great tubs of zinc
oxide cream used for nappy rash on babies.  It's an awful lot cheaper
than the tiny little tubes the PC shops sell it for.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street