[Wolves] PROBLEM SOLVED Kubuntu (i think) (have a laugh on me, go on)

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:45:29 BST 2005

On 5/6/05, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
 So i play safe.  (yes for all
> > thoose
> > proper linux users chuckling and laughing at this.
> > it
> > was all stupid, however in the process i have learnt
> > lot 'under the hood' stuff on boot-loaders, the
> > kernal, masks, configs etc etc)
>
> I don't think anyone is likely to laugh at you here.
> We're a good bunch. It's not so long ago I was
> beginner you know. It's only in the last or so that I
> have really started to make some ground.

Agreed entirely, Adam.  Nobody ever knows everything and if we don't
make a mistake we are not human.  I would never laugh at anybody for
amking an error.  However, there are some conceited prats out there -
not on this list - who think that newcomers to Linux are no better
than something they pick up on the sole of their shoe.  I despise
those people and will have no dealings with them.  I'm afraid some of
the distro specific forums and mailing lists have a fair sprinkling of
these characters about :-(

> Personally (not to fan the
> flames of Cannon, Farmer, Awkati, Humpherson et al), I
> have similar problems with SuSE.

No flames from me, Ad.  At the moment I'm heartily sick of the mess
SuSE 9.2 is.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer