[Wolves] Times Ed - "Ditching Microsoft can save millions"

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat May 7 00:28:15 BST 2005

Deusiah wrote:

> Interesting info, how do you suggest we help schools do the decent
> thing though? Have some kind of Linux for Schools convention? lol

Well it's funny you should say that...

I hope I'll be helping a junior school in Coventry soon via work once my
police check comes through. I've got quite a bit of information
together over the last few weeks, including a Linux for Schools
convention. Once I sort out creating a new 'project folder' on the Wiki
with Rob, I'll start writing up my findings. After this article I think
there will be an increase in questions about Linux from the teaching
profession for a while.

We'll just have to hope they don't find out about LUG Radio Live. I
think it might give a bad impression.

Woo