[Wolves] Hello - first post from me !

Tim Childe tim.childe.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 7 22:30:44 BST 2005

OK last question (hopefully)
 (BTW I hope you all use software that threads emails, or this will probably
not mean anything to you now !)
 I've got all grub back, and in Ubuntu I can see all partitions. So I'm
going to back up my C Drive to my D Drive (different partitions, same disk -
but best i can manage)
 Then I may remove and recreate the Primary DOS partion that's causing the
trouble and copy the files back.
 I know this works for OS/2, but I've never tried with windows - will it all
still boot ??
(I'm assuming I'll copy all the files - they won't be locked because I'm in
linux not windows)
   Also, the grub error is now clear - Error 18 - I've found plenty of fix
suggestions that sound good, but none applicable.
ie it worked until I messed (usually this is an install problem apparently),
I cannot change my bios between LBA AUTO etc - and anyway it worked
before........
 I do get errors from fdisk, ie Number of cylinders for this disk is set to
20320. may cause problems.
 But, again, it worked before.......
  Any ideas ???
 Any more info I can give you guys ??
 Tim.C
  ps so far 2 outcomes of this situation
1) I'm learning Linux incredibly fast
2) My wife is getting really annoyed at not being able to use the PC !!