[Wolves] Linux Format

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon May 9 11:27:51 BST 2005

Hi All

I invested £6.99 for the latest edition of Linux Format at the weekend, what a
brilliant issue.

I was engrossed in the Suse 9.3 article, it would appear Novell have made Suse
change its policy slightly and has included the latest releases of KDE and
Open Office.

I must have it! anyone got £69.00 going spare?

It was pleasing that the writer agreed with my thoughts that 9.2 is crap and
if the article is correct it may well solve lots of problems people are
having.

I look forward to trying the new search features and other improvements
they've made.

The Mandriva 2005 Limited edition on the cover disk is excellent even if you
just load it up to have a look you cant help but be impressed Ive seen the
recent posts regarding schools and, in a nutshell, kids this has got to be
the best choice for beginners.

I loaded it up for my twins on Sunday and IMHO its GUI is targeted at the
younger generation, my girls loved the huge Tux looking in from one side and
the background wallpapers are just what younger kids like.

I may have been looking at it from a biased way but it did look very girlie
which in my case was ideal to encourage them to use it, we need more females.

I don't buy it every month, works out a bit expensive plus you end up throwing
them away due to lack of storage space, but on this occasion it was £6.99
well spent. :-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.