[Wolves] New 'Linux in Schools' project on the LUG WIKI <- Page needs urgent attention...

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Mon May 9 15:08:38 BST 2005

Peter Evans wrote:

>On Saturday 07 May 2005 15:06, Andy Wootton wrote:
>

>>http://lug.annable.co.uk/wiki.pl?WolvesLugWiki
>>

>Just had a look at this and the page seems to have been 'invaded' by a lot of
>links that follow the format:
>
>http://www.xxx-this.info/index1956.html
>
>Can someone sort this? It's not the best advertisement to have a 'schools'
>related page that leads to lots and lots of 'adult' material.

There's also a load of 'Chinese' stuff in the sub folders like 'Samba'.

Must admit, this is the first time I've looked at Wiki, and doesn't this
just show that its ok for a LAN or a password protected site, but isn't
a open
to all Wiki just trouble waiting to happen?
Apart from spambots, what if two people revise the same piece of info,
who is 'right'?