[Wolves] Screensavers

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:52:54 BST 2005

On 5/9/05, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Kevan and I should be politicians. Can anyone still remember the
> question Tim asked?
>
> Woo

Well I may be getting on the Parish Council ;-))))

But, back to the subject.  I believe, but could be wrong of course as
this was all explained to me about 5 or 6 years ago, that modern CRT
screens have a better mask behind the actual glass.  Which in some way
prevents burn in.  However, a lot of bank ATM screens are made in the
old fashioned way because they do not need to be so high a dot range.
I don't know what sort of terminals they are using now at W'ton Uni
but for those who remember the old library days?  The OPAC terminal
screens used to terrible burn in.  I chucked some very extreme
examples.  You'd switch them on and simply not be able to see any new
data because the burn in was so severe.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer