[Wolves] Kubuntu Humble Pie

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:36:31 BST 2005

> The storm clouds are looming! eth0 is disabled for some reason I plonked in a
> PCMCIA 3com network card that all the other Distro recognise and tried to get
> internet access.

Try enabling it in the Network dialog? Don't know where that is in KDE, though.

http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=kubuntu+administrator+mode :-)

> Also seeing as this is an IBM there is a module nvram that should should get
> sound going insmod nvram (which is the command to invoke this) doesn't
> work. :-(

What doesn't work? That should be "sudo modprobe nvram", since you
need to be root in insert modules, and you should use modprobe because
it's not 1999 any more ;)

This is useful, though; this mailing list is Googleable, so hopefully
the next guy to come up with the problem might come across this and
get it fixed. You might want to file a bug report on things...?

Aq.