[Wolves] Editors

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:16:14 BST 2005

Hi All,

After receiving a few odd looks from the May 11th LUG meeting for
announcing my favorite editor as Nano I thought I'd look at a few
alternatives :P

I use Nano because it works and I don't have to read a manual to use
it. Nano is something I only use now and again when editing things
like config files or simple text files. For editing other files I use
either gEdit or gPHPedit for PHP.

I have been messing about with Vim and Emacs and so far can't really
see any advantage using them instead of Nano. Anyway the main reason
for this email a question regarding Emacs, is there anyway it can be
started without the GUI? I'm using Ubuntu and the command "emacs" will
bring Emacs up in it's own window + GUI. I would like to run it in the
terminal if possible.

Thanks,
Chris