[Wolves] Palm OS connection

David Morley davmor2 at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 18:38:50 BST 2005

David Morley wrote:

>I've been getting all the linux mags for cover disks and info so I have
>lots of different distro's if anyone wants copies.(can't do Suse 9.2 though
>dual layer dvd for 32/64 bit. But i do have sigle layer 32 bit only copy I
>can burn.). I have a Tapwave Zodiac 2 which runs palm os. (not sure which
>version as the paper work with isn't up to much.). linux logs it as a
>device called Tapwave, Inc. /serial #:Tapwave0001 and then a load of
>ohci_USB stuff but I can't get it to sync.  When I hit the hotsync button
>on the USB cradle the device registers but there is no /dev/USB tag to
>sym-link it to /dev/pilot.  So how do I hotsync it? I'm currently tatting
>with Kubuntu AMD 64 Bit.  Can anyone help please.

>Is this on Kubuntu or do you have a stable and a tatting machine? You
>didn't say what version of Palmish software you are using to do the synch.
>There are a few choices I believe. It's something I've been meaning to do
>for a while now but I'd be trying Ubuntu and my old serial Palm III first.

>Woo

I am currently following a discription of using kpilot from TUXmag issue 1 I
have one machine amd 64 bit 3400+ but I have the same problem with any sync
app. If I go into Kinfocenter in KDE or Device manager in Gnome the device
is listed but I can't get it to sync.  Ubuntu and Kubuntu have become my 2
favourite distros but I am still tatting with Kubuntu only installled it a
small while back and it is very different to Gnome based ubuntu.  I think it
might be down to it being usb not serial but I don't know newish to Linux
you see.