[Wolves] Anyone knows second-hand laptop's price around wolves?

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon May 16 07:56:49 BST 2005

Andy Wootton wrote:
> alex yan wrote:
>
>> In order to do my project conveniently, I'm thinking to buy a cheap
>> and runnable 2nd-hand laptop to install Linux if it is affordable.
>>
>> Anyone got ideas about it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Feiyong
>

> In my experience, second-hand laptops are either overpriced compared
> with new machines or unusable. I was sent this new Tosh for under £500
> this morning
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=79588&_LOC=UK
>
> That is about half what it would have cost last September.
>
> If you could live with a desktop there is a good source of second-hand
> kit at an electronics shop in Cheslyn Hay. They had usable machines for
> £50 last time I was there. Kevan could probably tell you more.

I totally agree. Laptops have an unjustified premium price wise,
especially second hand ones.

I would suggest one shop (although I don't know if they're really any
good or not) who I drive past every morning near spagetti, just off the
A38... (un)fortunately I can't remember their name.

There's always ebay of course

David.

--
David Goodwin